Monday, August 25, 2008

Sewing projects

Oh my, I'm going to have a ton of things to show everyone very soon, I've got so many projects in the work and will be cracking out as much as I possibly can in the next month or 2 and and going to do my best to take pictures of everything to show off.

I'm also going to be making trick-or-treating bags too if anyone is interested in getting any, i can do them in any theme/pattern/color so long as i can find the fabric for it. They'll be $7 for licensed and $5 for anything else. I just got an embroidery machine too so I can put initials on things now too, just have to figure out how to run it first. The only other catch w/ the embroidery machine is that it's a small scale one and the hoop I have for it is only 4"x4" so the name, initials or what ever would have to fit in that space.

I have to tell you this funny though. A few days ago I was making some reusable shopping bags, I sewed the right sides together and then went to flip it right side out (fyi- you do that to hide the seams and to keep the edges from fraying all over) but somewhere something went very wrong. Inside out it looked great, it had a rounded bottom like I'd planned and it was all together, I flipped it and suddenly I had a bottomless bag. Yep, it was nothing but a tube w/ handles. I turned it in and out several times and finally decided that it was never going to work at that rate so I ripped the seams and started over and that time it worked. It didn't look just as I'd wanted but it works still, the next one was perfect though.

1 comment:

BareFoot Finn said...

Isn't it great when we have a great vision in our head on what it is supposed to look like, but when it comes out..its like a big turd.

And like Randy says...

You can't polish a turd.

Happy embroidering!