Sunday, August 17, 2008

Not a phrase I ever want to hear again.

Oh, leave it to my children to say the things no mother ever wants to hear until they're will grown and on their own (and preferably in a stable relationship/marriage). I was standing just inside my bedroom door sifting through laundry and out of the blue I hear my 6yo announce "Mom! I'm pregnant!" What!?!?!?!?!?!? I peaked out the door and saw her attempting to pooch out her stomach as she was playing w/ the other girls and my little sister. What made it more comical in the end is that J, the 6yo, is the true definition of a bean pole, it doesn't how much food that child shovels in she never seems to gain an ounce but yet keeps getting taller. Needless to say there wasn't much for her to pooch out so she was arching her back as far as she could but for the life of her couldn't get a rounded belly look. I quickly distracted them though so she'd quit saying that phrase because I just can not say that at this point I look forward to the day that I hear it for real. That is a day that truly scares me.

1 comment:

BareFoot Finn said...

Your posts bring back such good memories! J is too cute, and I could just imagine her acting/saying that!

When I was 16, I wore a maternity shirt from the 70s that I used to cover my swimsuit. I used to be able to stick my stomach out very far...still can...and I had a cousin who insisted I was pregnant, cause of the size of my stomach.