Monday, July 21, 2008

Dolphins Smell Like Cheerios

Since my kids are still asleep and I'm anxious to get this blog rolling I'm going to start off w/ something I was told about a week ago.

E, who is 4yo, was sitting at our kitchen table eating breakfast when she looked at me and simply said "mom, dolphins smell like cheerios". The conversation then went as follows...
me-what?
her-Dolphins smells like cheerios
me-Um, ok. And where did you learn this little bit of info?
her-because they do.
me-and when did you get to smell a dolphin?
her-when it was in my room. it smelled like cheerios and I didn't like it so we have to take it back now.

This is where it dawned on me. E goes to Occupational Therapy every week for sensory issues and once again they'd sent home one of the weighted animals but it had apparently been stored in the same cupboard as some of the snacks and things. She is now convinced that what that dolphin smelled like (it's been returned to the therapist yet again) has to be what all dolphins smell like.

So there you have it, dolphins smell like cheerios.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

They could smell worse I guess, LOL.