Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Digital Cameras

Why does there need to be so many options and choices? I like my current camera, don't get me wrong, but I was recently introduced to what the mega pixels actually mean and it opened a whole new world to me. Our camera takes some decent pics that I've been happy w/ but last night I finally looked at it and realized that it is only 5mp. That's not very good. But our camera does have a 10x zoom which is not bad at all and I rely on that part. So armed w/ that knowledge the hunt is on.

I've started researching more cameras and things and thank goodness for reviews! I had one that I'd decided was about perfect and the price was much better then I'd expected and I was thinking I'd end up getting it but then I started reading reviews on it on a few different sites and they weren't that good. Some really like the pics that came from it but some were less impressed, that all happens. But there was one thing that seemed to be mentioned in EVERY post, it's a battery eater. From the sounds of it the rechargeable that comes in it works well at first but after a few weeks of use it gets down to dieing after just a couple pics and then if you put reg AA's in it they only last a couple hours before needing to be replaced again. ggrrrr, it was no longer just a few faulty batteries.

I then broadend my search but was hit by 100's of cameras that had the features that I want, that's a lot of cameras to sort though. So, it's going to be awhile before I actually get a new one. So if anyone has any recommendations I'd like to hear them, I want to know all your thoughts on it though, not just the good stuff. I don't want to pay a small fortune but am willing to pay a bit more for better features. I'd like a min of 8mp and no less then a 5x zoom but preferrably more. Manual and preset settings are also a must as well as a good flash that can be turned off it not wanted.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just recently bought a small camera that fits into my pocket. Nikon something or other...I will look and let you know.

BareFoot Finn said...

Well, I always buy a Sony. I am partial to Sony, and they have always treated me well. I am familiar with all of the menus, etc.

Are you looking for a point and click or a DSLR?

>y next camera purchase will most likely be an Alpha, from Sony. Why? Cause its a Sony.

But it won't be for a while, cause that is a large chunk of change.

Good luck with finding one that works for you dear.